How a Malawian Farmer Traveled to the U.S. Looking for Climate Justice
FEATURING RAJ PATEL - A powerful documentary about climate change has hit select theaters around the U.S. Directed and produced by activist and writer Raj Patel, The Ants & the Grasshopper follows a Malawian farmer named Anita Chitaya from her rural village to midwest American farms and the halls of Congress as she navigates the political gridlock that fuels climate change. Chitaya is a popular local leader, who, when she’s not farming her 1 acre of land, uses her powers of persuasion for social justice.
The Ants & The Grasshopper will be in theaters for select dates starting on March 31st and will be available digitally on April 11th through Giant Pictures.
Drafthouse Cinemas across the country:
- Friday, March 31: Los Angeles, CA – Alamo Drafthouse DTLA
- Saturday, April 1: San Francisco, CA – Alamo Drafthouse New Mission
- Sunday, April 2: Denver, CO – Alamo Drafthouse Sloans Lake
- Monday, April 3: Chicago, IL – Alamo Drafthouse Wrigleyville
- Tuesday, April 4: Austin, TX – Alamo Drafthouse Mueller
- Thursday, April 6: New York, NY – Alamo Drafthouse Liberty
- Digital Date: Tuesday, April 11
This post is for subscribers only
Subscribe now for free to watch the video of this interview (You can upgrade later to a paid membership to unlock exclusive content).
Sign up now
Already have an account? Sign in
You’ve successfully subscribed to Rising Up With Sonali
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Great! You’ve successfully signed up.
Success! Your email is updated.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for magic link to sign-in.